Current systems utilizing embedded metallic foils require costly maintenance and repair once the object incurs a lightning strike event. Integument’s LS-1000 acts as a sacrificial surface layer that protects underlying composites and can be easily repaired by simply removing from the damaged area and replacing it with a new section.
- Protects underlying materials from direct lightning strikes and other electromagnetic environmental effects
- Designed as a sacrificial lighting strike protective layer that can be easily maintained and repaired upon damage from lighting or mechanical damage
- Provides high performance protection against corrosion and weathering
- Peel and stick adhesive backing which allows it to bond to almost any surface
- Mechanical performance, environmental durability and thermodynamic stability over the typical life cycle of the structure or equipment it is bonded to
- Provides outstanding chemical resistance to cleaning solvents, oils, and fuels
- Environmentally friendly corrosion protection of the surface or the structure
- Composite Aircraft
- Composite based equipment
LS-1000® – is available standard with 3 mil FluoroGrip®-E (ECTFE), .004” expanded copper foil, and a new acrylic-based pressure sensitive
adhesive system. LS-1000® can also be customized to have a desired color, different gauge, weight or specific metallic foil, and customized adhesive systems for applications that may require specifications outside the scope of the offered product.
FluoroGrip® lightning strike films offer peel and stick installation and can be easily applied by hand on composite or metallic structures.
- Films are easily cut to match the size and shape of the desired surface area
- Acts as a sacrificial layer that can be removed and replaced once the area has been damaged due to a lightning event
- Does not require primers or hazardous solvents, and the solid sheet design assures consistent coverage, even on edges, angles and corners